If videos are not displayed automatically, please check your browser plugins settings.
Select video to play:
Sgwrs gyda'r nofwraig, Chloe Tutton
2016 video interview: Rhondda to Rio with Chloe Tutton before heading to the Olympic games.
Team Speedo: Introducing Tom Dean
Recently signed Speedo athlete Tom Dean sat down with Speedo to talk about his swimming career aspirations and highlights so far. Get to know more about the 2018 European Champion, from who's inspired him to poolside snacks.
Introducing the My Learn to Swim app by Swim England
Bring the fun of swimming lessons home with My Learn to Swim by Swim England, the national governing body for Swimming in England.
Explore the magic and celebrate children collecting more Learn to Swim Awards by unlocking over 60 characters and stickers.
Find out more about My Learn to Swim at swimming.org/mylearntoswim
Interview with Team GB’s Alice Dearing
Ed Accura is on journey to find the truth as to why a disproportionate amount of black people and ethnic minorities can't and don't swim. Who best to answer some of these difficult questions than one of Britain's top female marathon swimmers, who also currently happens to be the ONLY black swimmer in Team GB...Alice Dearing.
Promotional video for INCUS Performance, a sports engineering and analytics company helping athletes to train better using data. INCUS combines high quality measurement, analysis and feedback under one seamless platform for swimmers and Triathletes. The flagship wearable device, INCUS | NOVA, measures athlete technique to new levels of quality. The data is then processed automatically by the INCUS | CLOUD to clearly show where improvements can be made in technique and training. Supported by a foundation of engineering and validated research, INCUS provides world-first insights that are simple to apply in training for performance benefit. Learn more at https://www.incusperformance.com
SASP Swim School at Quantock Lodge
A small showcase of some of the young people who have enjoyed lessons at Quantock Lodge.
To find out more or book sessions visit https://www.sasp.co.uk/quantock
Healthy Movers - tackling school readiness through play
A physical activity programme launched last year in a bid to close the educational gap for the UK’s most disadvantaged children and help them to become school ready is making waves in West Somerset.
The Youth Sport Trust (YST) in partnership with Somerset County Council and Futures for Somerset, is supporting hundreds of children in the district using a new approach to tackling a 30-million-word gap in the early years settings, through active play and a focus on healthy and active lifestyles.
Swimming with Polar OH1 heart rate sensor
See how you can record heart rate during swimming
Mack Darragh (2016 Olympian & Canadian Record Holder 200m Butterfly) performs a 30 minute pre-pool activation set - incorporating RAISE & MOBILIZE, ACTIVATION and PRIME phases. For more information on this program, contact Johnny Fuller (Swimming Canada - Manager, Paramedical Services)
Can swimming improve your mental health?
The benefits of exercise on our mental health have been well documented- but could swimming be the best sport of them all? Swim England claims that 1.4 million British adults believe that the sport has significantly reduced their symptoms of anxiety or depression. Sara Orchard reports.
10 Most Insane Swimming Pools In The World
Swimming and floating in water gives you a feeling of relaxation. Sprawled all over the globe, these swimming pools are luxurious, featuring the latest in pool design. Whether your style is to cannonball into vacation mode or meditate in the shallow end, we're creating a splash with our list of the 10 Most Insane Swimming Pools.
10. Singapore SkyPark Pool – At the top of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel 57 floors to the very top of the hotel you’ll find the world’s largest rooftop Infinity Pool. Imagine yourself floating in the world’s largest rooftop Infinity Pool, gazing down on the glittering city-skyline from 57 levels above.
9. NEMO 33 - Located in Brussels, Belgium, Nemo 33 is one of the deepest indoor swimming pools in the world, with a maximum depth of 34.5 metres (113 ft). Numerous underwater windows allow outside visitors to look into the pools at various depths.
8. Market Square Tower Glass bottomed swimming pool - Going for a swim on a rooftop is always fun. But it's even more thrilling when the pool floor is made of glass and extends out over the city below. If spectacular heights give you that sinking feeling, then this is not the swimming pool for you.
7. Waterslide and Swimming pool with Sharks – Have you ever wanted to swim with sharks? The pool at the Golden Nugget Casino Las Vegas will let you swim next to them. This $30million dollar pool has a 2000,000-gallon shark tank aquarium, and 17 private cabanas.
6. Swimming pool 'bridge' – In London there is a pool that links two buildings together at the top that has been nicknamed the ‘Sky Pool. Although it has been described as the world’s first pool to feature a transparent bottom, there are already pools with a transparent bottom such as the Market Square Tower building in the USA.
5. The Munduk Moding Plantation Hotel, Bali – This hotel and its history is very unique, which makes its Infinity Pool one of the coolest places to visit if you want to swim in an amazing swimming pool. Located on a working coffee plantation, Munduk Moding Plantation’s Infinity pool overlooks the Bali Sea and volcanoes in Java.
4. The Сambrian Hotel, the Swiss Alps – The Cambrian hotel is a spa resort that lies right in the Swiss Alps. It is an amazing hotel that offers panoramic views of the Swiss Alps, and that is what makes this Infinity Pool so unique, which is located in the center of Adelboden.
3. The Caruso Hotel, Italy – Infinity pools are given the name for their design that makes them appear to flow endlessly into their surroundings, and the pool at the Caruso Hotel in Italy is no exception.
2. Ubud Hanging Gardens pool – Here is another amazing set of swimming pools, the iconic infinity pools at Ubud Hanging Gardens in Indonesia. At the geographical epicenter and emotional heart of the property is Hanging Gardens’ world-famous swimming pool, part of the 7 Star Boutique Hotel in the heart of Ubud, Bali.
1. Plane with pool – OK so this isn’t an actual pool, but it had to go on the list as being one of the most insane things that anyone has thought of. But it turned out that it was just an April Fool’s joke. We’re not sure how many people fell for this joke, but it was fun anyway.
Spanish Synchronized Swimmer Ona Carbonell Pursues Excellence
Meet talented synchronised swimmer Ona Carbonell, captain of the Spanish national team. She gave a motivational sell-out talk to 300 fans and athletes at the 2019 FINA World Youth Artistic Swimming Championships. In this 2016 video, she gives us an insight into just how much skill, commitment and passion it takes to become a master in her sport, in and out of the water. Shot 100% on the HERO4® camera from http://GoPro.com. Special Thanks to Ona Carbonell and management, the Centre d'Alt Rendiment, Kima Gratacos, Jordi Balaguer, Club Natacio Sabadell, Ayuntamiento De Hospitalet and Oscar from Piscinas Municipales de Hospitalet in Barcelona for their welcome, energy and support.
Cold Water Shock
WARNING: Jumping into water to cool off in a heatwave could prove deadly. COLD WATER SHOCK is real. The condition can trigger deadly heart attacks, as the cold water causes blood vessels to close up and narrow, putting pressure on the heart and raising blood pressure. There are four stages of cold water immersion. Stage 1: Initial "cold shock" occurs in the first 3–5 minutes of immersion in cold water. Sudden immersion into cold water can cause immediate, involuntary gasping; hyperventilation; panic; and vertigo—all of which can result in water inhalation and drowning.
Gene editing and the future of doping in sport
What if you could hack your DNA to run faster, jump higher or become stronger? Video published in 2017 on gene doping, an advanced medical technology that could help athletes recover from injuries, but could also be used by drug cheats to beat the competition.
The Use of Cold Water Immersion to Enhance Adaptations to Exercise: Friend, Foe or Futile?
2018 Presentation by Mohammed Ihsan Izzat Abdullah Research Scientist, Aspetar
A Breaststroke Discussion
Cody Miller discusses disqualification at the 2019 Pan-Am Games in Lima
Siobhan-Marie O'Connor talks about her experience with Ulcerative Colitis
Pfizer Limited created the Now UC Me campaign which aims to inspire people with Ulcerative Colitis to open up about living with the disease and the daily challenges they face, and to take back control of their lives.
Canadian swimmer Jade Hannah talks about her beginnings and her motivations at the FINA World Junior Swimming Championships 2019 in Budapest. Find out more about this upcoming talent.
Sports Nutrition at the University of Bath - Meet Fiona Lithander
Team Bath's new sports nutritionist Fiona Lithander shares how a consultation can help advise what to eat, when to eat and what types of food to eat to boost performance. Whether clients are weekend warriors, elite athletes or anything in between, Fiona can devise a nutrition strategy tailored to the individual. For more information visit https://www.teambath.com/physio-sport-science/sports-nutrition/
3 reasons how nutrition before workouts will help you
What should I eat or drink before training or playing sport? This film has the answer with top tips on what to eat and when.
How to record a swim in Lanevision
Promotional video by the developer of LaneVision, Aspiricx, an Artificial Intelligence company on a mission to push the boundaries of AI and computer vision.
ECSS Presidental lecture 2017 - Prof. Joan Duda
ECSS MetropolisRuhr 2017 Professor Joan Duda gave an inspirational presidental lecture when stepping in as the new president of the European College of Sport Science (ECSS).
Interview with Rachel Anderson
Millfield Upper Sixth pupil Rachel Anderson has made history as the first female swimmer from the school to be selected to compete for Team GB at the FINA World Junior Championships in Budapest. Catching up with her at the pool before she left, we asked her how Millfield supports her with her academic work and her swimming, and what advice she has for young swimmers hoping to follow in her footsteps.
Millfield School is one of the UK’s leading independent boarding and day schools for boys and girls, aged 13-18, providing a fully rounded education to pupils from over 70 nationalities.
The school is contemporary and outward looking, applying a visionary and innovative lens to all domains of learning. This is supported by notable facilities in teaching, art, drama, music and sport.
Girls Active Awards - an introduction for teachers
The Girls Active Awards take place every year and are a celebration of the work girls are leading to get more girls active and enjoying PE and physical activity.
Girls Active is developed by the Youth Sport Trust, delivered in partnership with Women in Sport and This Girl Can and funded through Sport England National Lottery. It celebrates involving girls in the design of PE and physical activity in primary and secondary schools. Schools, students and community members making nominations must have been part of the Girls Active programme, Girls Active Camp or the Stepping Up for Change programme
Dr Scott Drawer
Millfield School is one of the UK’s leading independent boarding and day schools for boys and girls, aged 13-18, providing a fully rounded education to pupils from over 70 nationalities. In Episode 2 of The Millfield Way Podcast, Director of Sport Dr Scott Drawer explains how the school is both contemporary and outward looking, applying a visionary and innovative lens to all domains of learning. This is supported by notable facilities in teaching, art, drama, music and sport.
Somerset Funding Webinar
Find out more about the Sport England Small Grants Programme in this Oct 2018 webinar. Are you interested in applying for grant aid to help get more members (adults or children) active in your organisation? To increase your club membership and number of volunteers? Or maybe start up something new in your community involving physical activity or sport? If so then SASP will take you through Sport England's Small Grants Programme in easy steps – demystifying what is needed and making success a lot more likely.
Social Media Webinar - Intermediate
Want to take your club/organisation’s social media to the next level? With a main focus on Facebook, during this Dec 2018 session you will: - Learn some engagement top tips; - Learn how to gain more 'Likes'; - Know how to schedule posts using the Publishing Tools; - Know how to measure the effectiveness of your posts using Facebook Insights
6 Tips To Overcome Open Water Fears
Fear of open water is not always rational or easy to understand. Learning coping strategies and specific techniques can transform your open water experience so we’re going to be a bringing you some tried and tested tips to help you quash those fears! It can make no difference whether you’re a weaker novice swimmer or at the other end of the spectrum, someone who has swam competitively in a pool all your life, the fear of open water is not always rational or easy to understand. Learning coping strategies and specific techniques can transform your open water experience so we’re going to be a bringing you some tried and tested tips to help you quash those fears.
Open Water Swimming For Beginners
Wild swimming is growing in popularity, it’s free, it’s relaxing and can be thoroughly invigorating. However, if you’ve not dipped your toe in before it might sound a little daunting so in this video we get some advice from an expert in the field, Professor Greg Whyte who is an ambassador for the Royal Life Saving Society and a strong advocate for open water swimming. Heather chats to him about:
- Where is safe to wild swim; - What to do before getting in the open water; - How to stay safe and be seen whilst wild swimming; - What you should do after finishing your swim
Improving triathletes open water swim endurance
Colin Hill (long distance swimmer, open water coach and former age group triathlon champion) coaching Philip in Ullswater with the aim of improving technique over longer distances. For more info visit http://www.colinhillswims.com