Swim England South West introduced the Volunteer of the Month award to recognise and promote the hard work and dedication volunteers provide within aquatics clubs in the South West.
The award can be presented to any volunteer from a young or new volunteer just starting out on their volunteering journey to a more established volunteer. Nominations are assessed by a Volunteer Panel against the following considerations. Not all of the elements have to be fulfilled but the nominee does have to be a member of a Swim England affiliated club.
Consideration is given to whether the nominee has
- been an inspiration to others (volunteers, participants, members) in the club.
- successfully used initiative, creativity or innovation in undertaking their volunteer role to have an impact on the club, participants or other volunteers.
- provided excellent support to others in the club and
- achieved impact through determination under challenging circumstances. However long the volunteer has been with the club, be it a few months or a few years, they must have had an impact on the participants, the volunteers or the club.
Download nomination form
If you think you know of someone in the South West Region who deserves this award please email Jackie Hilleard, Regional Development Coordinator – email@example.com
– or visit the Swim England South West website www.swimwest.org.uk
for more information.