Many leisure centres sell awards as part of their learn to swim scheme and generate considerable income by doing so. Here are some of the benefits:
– Awards motivate children thus helping you to retain them within your club.
– Parents/ Guardians can see that their child is progressing.
– Clubs can generate income on each award sold.
– Clubs can use the Adam Peaty campaign to promote the awards.
– There are awards for all disciplines and all levels up to competition.
– SwimMark accredited clubs receive a 5% discount on award purchases.
So is there a business case for selling awards?
If your club has learn to swim and pre competitive squads then yes. The average profit for every award sold is £1. There is also the additional income generated by retaining swimmers within your club programme.