What information can a Club Welfare Officer provide?
To help ensure your children’s safety at swimming clubs here are a few questions you can ask
- How do I contact you should I need to?
- Is the club SwimMark accredited? If not, why not?
- Can I see the club copy of Wavepower and specifically section six which is written for parents?
- Are there any procedures in place for dealing with concerns, complaints and disciplinary issues and who do I need to approach to raise such issues?
- Are all coaches and teachers suitably qualified and experienced?
- Does the club follow Swim England guidance in Wavepower on away events?
- Does the club follow the Swim England anti-bullying policy?
- Does the club arrange for all appropriate coaches, teachers and volunteers involved with the supervision of children at the club to attend approved child safeguarding training?
- Are parents encouraged to watch or become involved in the club and their child’s training in an appropriate manner?