Photo: University of Bath pool.
Our Covid-19 Toolkit includes archive links to resources, including webinar recordings and guidance on group numbers, which helped ensure all our disciplines, clubs, members and workforce could return to action when permitted to do so.Click on the menu items under Your Sports for more information on specific disciplines.
Somerset ASA usually hold Championships annually for
- Our Championships are usually held annually and within a date window set by Swim England. View details of our most recent County Championship event (19/25/26 Jan & 1/2/8/9 Feb 2020) at Millfield, Street. Swim England announced that the normal window for 2021 would be suspended.
- Somerset usually stages a two day Swimming Development Meet. Kelly Podbury, Swimming Competition Secretary, has sent the following information update to Club meet contacts by email on 15 Oct 2021 for the rescheduled Development Meet (30/31 Oct 2021 at Hutton Moor LC, Weston-super-Mare). Please share the update with swimmers, parents, coaches, team managers, officials and volunteers in your Club.
Unfortunately the 2020 competition was cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions in force.
- Open Water (June / July) - Cancelled in 2020. Counties and Regions were to be consulted to ensure that participation in the Regional Open Water Championships is not affected by any decision on new window dates for 2021.
- Masters (May) - Cancelled in 2020 and 2021
- Artistic Swimming (formerly known as Synchro) if competitors reach a standard set by the County Artistic Swimming Secretary (Sep / Oct ) - Cancelled in 2020; and under review for 2021.
- Water Polo (by November) at Senior level - Cancelled in 2020.
Proposed dates for 2022 SE SW competitions:
- Age Groups 23 and 24 April 2022 - Millfield
- Regional Youths 30 Apr, 1 and 2 May 2022
- Age Groups 7 and 8 May 2022 - Hengrove
- Fast Five 28 Jun 2022 or 03 Jul 2022 - Millfield
- Para 25 Sep 2022 - Horfield
- [Talent Programme 25 Sep 2022 - Millfield]
- Masters 02 Oct 2022 - Millfield
- Winter Champs 4, 5 and 6 Nov 2022 - Millfield
- Masters Inter Counties 13 Nov 2022 TBA
Parents and carers of participants under the age of 18 who wish to take images at events are requested to focus on their own children as much as reasonably possible and to avoid including other children in images, particularly if those images are being shared with family and friends or through social media platforms.
Whilst it is acknowledged that parents / carers wish to celebrate the achievements of their own children when taking part in aquatic events, it should be recognised and respected that other parents / carers may not wish for their child’s image to be taken and shared in this way.
View Swim England’s Filming and Photography Policy.
There is useful information about child welfare in Swim England’s Wavepower document.