We congratulate the swimmers selected to represent Somerset in Division 1 of this year's Swim England National County Team Championships on Sunday 2 October at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield.
View news item with team list, live stream and links to start lists and live results.
It is a huge accolade to be selected to represent Somerset in Division 1. Please read the information below and follow the links which contain details of the weekend's arrangements for
- swimmers invited to represent Somerset,
- their parents and
- their Club Head Coach
Club Secretaries will receive an email requesting they forward
- the swimmer's personal invite onto their Parent / Guardian to accept or decline the invitation by return.
- a summary list of the Club's invited swimmers and event information onto their Head Coach.
The invitation letter
- provides details of the travel arrangements includuing departure and return times, accommodation, meals and kit
- includes a link to the form to accept or decline decline the invitation
- includes a link to the code of conduct which we require athletes and the support team to sign, and adhere to.
- includes a link to complete and submit the athlete medical questionnaire and statement of fitness.
- includes instructions on how to pay the requested £20 athlete contribution towards, travel, accommodation, meals and kit. Contributions should be paid by 26 Sep 2022 directly into
Account: Somerset ASA
Sort Code: 40-44-33
- as individual payments referencing 22NCTCYourSEid (eg 22NCTC1234567)
- a batch payment for all a Clubs' swimmers accepting invites referencing 22NCTCClubName
About the Event
More than 900 swimmers from over 30 counties will compete with races in Division 1 and Division 2 going on in two pools at the same time.The event will kick off the competitive short course season for many of the swimmers.
Individual events are contested over three age groups – 12/13 Yrs, 14/15 Yrs and 16/17 Yrs. There are 100m Freestyle, 100m Backstroke, 100m Butterfly and 100m Breaststroke events for each age group with one swimmer competing from each county.
There will also be 4x50m Medley Relays held for each age group and one Mixed 6x50m Freestyle Relay. The mixed relay consists of teams made up of one boy and one girl from each age group.
Link to Swim England event page for information.
View County Team Champs Spectator Information.
How does the scoring work?
Point scoring is by place with first place worth 20 points, second place worth 19 points, third worth 18 and so on. This scoring continues right through to one point for 20th. However, if a swimmer is disqualified, they receive no points.
At the end of the competition, the bottom four teams from Division 1 are relegated to Division 2 for next year’s event. The top four from Division 2 replacing them in the top flight.