65th Management Committee incl. Swimming Committee
Invitations for the GoToMeeting are included in Fiona Bowen's email to Committee Members of 28 Mar 2020.
A virtual meeting will be held on Saturday 4 April 2019 (10.00am).
- Minutes of Management Committee meeting held on 4 Jan 2020
- AGM 2020 Appendix 1 - please advise Fiona of any changes
- AGM 2020 Appendix 2 - please advise Fiona of any changes
- Swimming Competition Secretary Report
- Current Somerset ASA Rules
- Swim England / Institute of Swimming Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
Please note our main priority in the meeting will be to decide on what we need to do with regard to our AGM. This will obviously not take place as planned in Keynsham on 16 May. See SE Covid-19 FAQs.
We have two options to discuss:
1) Holding the AGM on 16 May as a Virtual Meeting
2) Postponing the AGM until later in the year depending on the circumstances and development of the latest crisis.
We will need to focus on this and the decision will then affect the rest of the business.
- discuss nominations for Somerset ASA Officers and Technical Committee Secretaries 2020/21 (see Appendix 1)
- nominations and appointments to Swim England SW and Swim England Officers 2020/21 noting those not for County election but shown for the interest of the Association as they relate to our members. (see Appendix 2)
- issue a call for nominations for President Elect next year, John Cooper Award, Life Membership, Wyvern Plate, County Awards and YV Award.
Some members of our Management Committee have advised they will be stepping down from their roles: If you are not able to stand again this year for your role, then please let Fiona know. We can confirm the lists as part of our meeting on 4 Apr. However, if we agree to postpone the AGM, we would hope that anyone wishing to stand down would be willing to continue until we actually hold the AGM.
We will be advertising the vacancies, but if you have anyone in mind who would fit the roles please speak to them and encourage them to contact Fiona Bowen, County Secretary.