SASA 2019 Development Meet Day 1
Post Publication Notes:
1.Further to Development Meet 2019 - Important Information 2 published on 16 Sep and postscript on 17 Sep
2. Published here on 22 Sep 2019: updated Entry List, Entry List With Scratches, Psych Sheet, Volunteer Allocations by Club (with request to notify Kelly Podbury by 28 Sep who will be performing those duties) Warm-Up Rules and Procedures; Session Timings, Club Fees due.
3. Published on 28 Sep 2019 and updated on 1 Oct 2019: Request for Volunteer Names yet to be supplied by Clubs including roles as Announcers and Recorders. Please view and share latest Volunteer Allocations by Club. Thank you in anticipation of your continuing recruitment efforts and support. Carolyn Cox is also recruiting Officials who we ask to sign up here.
4. Published on 3 Oct 2019: Coaches, Team Managers, Spectators and Swimmers please print or download the weekend's seeded Meet Programs which have also been uploaded to Meet Mobile. These programs will not change.
5. Published on 4 Oct 2019: Final update of Volunteers' allocated roles. It highlights shifts that we still need to fill as at 4 Oct 2019. Spectators please be aware we will be asking for assistance during the Meet to enable the competition to run smoothly. Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to volunteer.
Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 October 2019 - Millfield School, Street
Held under Swim England Laws and Regulations Technical Rules of racing
Level 3 Meet: License No: SW192392
- 25m, 8-lane pool, anti-wave lane ropes
- £3.00 per event
- Programme planned to enable and encourage competitors to swim many different events
- Millfield School does not routinely have a second strobe light as part of the starting equipment. Please contact the meet organiser ahead of the meet if you have a swimmer who will require one.
- 50m & 100m Open all strokes
- 100m & 200m I.M. Open
- 200m Open Freestyle, Breaststroke & Backstroke
All events have ‘Slower than’ qualifying times
Ages will be as at 31 December 2019
Competitors must be aged 9 on the day of competition
All events will be Heat Declared Winners (HDW)
Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals will be awarded to the first three competitors not to have swum faster than the QT in each event and in each age group: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 and over
Competitors who swim faster than the QT will have achieved a Somerset County Qualifying time and will receive a ‘Congratulations’ certificate.
Entries are to be made via Hy-Tek Team Manager. Manual entry forms will only be accepted from clubs who are entering three or less competitors. All entries are to be emailed to Kelly Podbury, Swimming Competition Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the Event Summary Form.
- Development Meet Conditions, Qualifying Times and Programme of Events (updated 24 Jun 2019 - Licence Number, Photography and GDPR consent clauses).
- Somerset ASA County Championships 2019 results for clubs to check against
- Replacement zipped Hytek file for Meet contacts (suffixed 005 and published on 9 Sep 2019) which resolves a time error in the previous version (event 202 Girls 200m Free 12yr olds). The Entry File will assist in converting times from all courses and will include time trial events and swim offs. Please accept our apologies.
The above documents have been sent to Club Meet contacts. Kelly will email a full set of Regional results to Clubs once she has them.
Closing date for entries: Midnight, Wednesday 11 September 2019
Entries will be confirmed by Sunday 15 September 2019.
We look forward to our Clubs and emerging competitors supporting the event which extends the opportunity for good class local competition.