Volunteer Opportunities: 5 Masters Working Group Members, Swim England
Organisation: Swim England
Contract Type: Voluntary
Qualifications: No minimum / required qualifications
Working Hours: Zero hours/casual
Expected term: Up to 4 years
Remuneration: This is a voluntary role
Location: Home based
Closing Date: 23 September 2021 12:00
Swim England is striving to
- create a happier, healthier and more successful nation through swimming and aquatic activity.
- inspire everyone to enjoy the water in the way that suits them.
As the recognised national governing body for swimming, artistic swimming, diving and water polo in England, Swim England helps people learn how to swim, enjoy the water safely, and compete in all our sports. Swim England is an incorporated organisation with charitable status.
Swim England's Masters Working Group (MWG) is seeking five Volunteer Masters Working Group Members to join them in providing strategic direction, sport development and membership engagement for the masters swimming discipline within Swim England. The MWG is a sub-group of the Swimming Leadership Group (SLG) which has overall responsibility for governance and development of swimming in England.
In this volunteer role you will be responsible for contributing to the discipline implementation plan, which is written by the Swim England Sport Development Directorate in conjunction with the SLG Chair. You will regularly evaluate the masters elements of the swimming plan and provide feedback on the progress to the SLG. The role will also involve actively engaging with the Masters representatives of the Swim England Regions (regional Masters Representatives) to inform activity and the wider masters community.
You will make recommendations to the SLG in relation to rules and regulations connected to the technical delivery of masters swimming as well as feed into the work of the Home Countries Masters Swimming Management Group (HCMSMG) and to report to the SLG on HCMSMG activity.
In line with the new Terms of Reference that were agreed by the SLG and under which the new MWG will be operating, there are now 5 vacancies on the MWG.
The MWG will take responsibility for and be engaging in and initiating a number of initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Organising mational masters competitions including entry criteria, meet criteria, entry packs etc.
- Developing coaching for masters.
- Growing and developing masters swimming in England.
- Developing and mentoring clubs
- Promoting equality in masters swimming.
- Developing standards in masters competitions.
- Communicating and engaging with the masters community.
Swim England is looking to appoint a team of enthusiastic Swim England members with an interest in Masters swimming who can contribute to the MWG. If you feel that you have relevant experience, motivation, vision and drive to contribute to some or all of the areas mentioned, we would love to hear from you.
Swim England is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Swim England is committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible Swim England will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
How to apply
To apply for this volunteer role please:
- Download the
- Write a brief of (approximately 300 – 500 words), outlining your interest in this volunteer role and the skills and experience relevant to the role description you could bring to the group.
- Please include your name, contact details, club and Swim England membership number
- Apply here to submit your expression of interest.
|Message||News to @SomersetASA|