Vacancy - Somerset ASA Trophy Controller
Somerset Management Committee and our President, Colin Christmas, are asking affiliated Clubs for assistance in filling an outstanding opportunity to become the County Trophy Controller.
Clare Cleverly has kindly agreed to take on a different Committee role and we thank Clare for all her help and support to date. We do need to find someone to take on this role for the County now in preparation for our County Championships in Jan / Feb 2019.
If you are already planning on attending those sessions, this could be the ideal way of giving some of that time to support our swimmers.
Please share the opportunity with members of your clubs who enjoy seeing athletes rewarded for their achievements and who you feel would be able to carry out the following role:
Works with the County Meet Manager and County Secretary regarding ordering trophies, medals, badges for County events as required.
- Order medals as required for annual County Events
- Maintain a record of all holders of perpetual County trophies
- Keep a record of who takes trophies home and which are retained for storage
- Ensure that those taking trophies home are aware that they have responsibility to engrave and return for next year’s event
- Remind and chase the annual return of trophies in plenty of time for the relevant event
- Ensure that those trophies retained are engraved with the correct details before the following year
- Advise the Management Committee of any trophies that have been damaged or are in need of replacement.
- Ensure all trophies are available for presentation at the appropriate event
- Order towels for awarding to record holders
- Order 1st, 5th and 10th County appearance badges* for County Team events
The main duties revolve around the County’s Annual Championships and County Team events, so there are times of the year which are busier than others.
2 hours per month, but in the lead up, during and immediately following the County Championships this increases to several hours per month.
Please download the role description as set out in Somerset ASA Rules to display on Club Notice Boards and share within your networks.
Of course we would be more than happy to answer any questions interested parties may have. Please just ask them to contact Fiona Bowen, County Secretary*.
We are grateful for your help in promoting the vacancy and thank you in anticipation.
Somerset Secretary & Development Officer
Tel 01275 877412
Mob 07970 736225
|Message||News to @SomersetASA|
||Save to Facebook|