Vacancy: City of Bristol Aquatics Volunteer Manager
CoB have a vacancy on the Committee which needs to be urgently filled. The role of the Volunteer Manager is:
- To keep records of the qualifications of the qualified volunteers at the club.
- To keep a workforce plan, to allow for succession planning.
- To organise in-house courses for Team Managers and J1 Officials and to promote these to people linked to the club (parents, grandparents, older siblings and older swimmers).
- To identify individuals who would like to train as coaches and highlight local courses as they become available.
- To apply for bursaries to help with the cost of training and to liaise with the club secretary and treasurer to arrange financial support from the club.
- To encourage J1 officials to take further training (J2 and J2S).
- To direct new volunteers to the Membership Secretary (ASA and COB membership) and Welfare Officer (DBS checks and Safeguarding Training).
- To promote Young Volunteers and Young Coaches schemes to suitable individuals within the club.
- To build good relationships with the Gloucester and Somerset ASA Volunteer Managers and Lead Trainers for officials. Likewise, with volunteer managers at Network clubs to allow joint training courses.
Ideally, the candidate should have some knowledge of Coaching and Officials Qualifications. However, CoB would welcome any enquiry and Dave Beament , Secretary (email@example.com
) would be happy to answer any questions you may have.