Most read articles
To help ensure your children’s safety at swimming clubs here are a few questions you can ask
- How do I contact you should I need to?
- Is the club SwimMark accredited? If not, why not?
- Can I see the club copy of Wavepower and specifically section six which is written for parents?
- Are there any procedures in place for dealing with concerns, complaints and disciplinary issues and who do I need to approach to raise such issues?
- Are all coaches and teachers suitably qualified and experienced?
- Does the club follow Swim England guidance in Wavepower on away events?
- Does the club follow the Swim England anti-bullying policy?
- Does the club arrange for all appropriate coaches, teachers and volunteers involved with the supervision of children at the club to attend approved child safeguarding training?
- Are parents encouraged to watch or become involved in the club and their child’s training in an appropriate manner?
FAQ Information Views: 437 Keywords: Created: 10.02.2018 Updated: 26.03.2018
Swim England South West introduced the Volunteer of the Month award to recognise and promote the hard work and dedication volunteers provide within aquatics clubs in the South West.
The award can be presented to any volunteer from a young or new volunteer just starting out on their volunteering journey to a more established volunteer. Nominations are assessed by a Volunteer Panel against the following considerations. Not all of the elements have to be fulfilled but the nominee does have to be a member of a Swim England affiliated club.
Consideration is given to whether the nominee has
- been an inspiration to others (volunteers, participants, members) in the club.
- successfully used initiative, creativity or innovation in undertaking their volunteer role to have an impact on the club, participants or other volunteers.
- provided excellent support to others in the club and
- achieved impact through determination under challenging circumstances. However long the volunteer has been with the club, be it a few months or a few years, they must have had an impact on the participants, the volunteers or the club.
Download nomination form.
If you think you know of someone in the South West Region who deserves this award please email Jackie Hilleard, Regional Development Coordinator – email@example.com – or visit the Swim England South West website www.swimwest.org.uk for more information.
FAQ Information Views: 389 Keywords: Created: 17.02.2018 Updated: 17.02.2018
To develop an athletic swimmer requires more than training in the swimming pool. Although exercise in water has a certain amount of resistance against the pressure of the water, it is not nearly as great as can be achieved with exercising on land. Mobility, stability and learning the correct way to perform fundamental movement patterns is an essential part of swim training at an early age. It is also key to injury prevention and body conditioning. To increase the strength of the body it is therefore necessary to have a land training regime which initially should include the fundamentals of movement and body weight exercises.
Swim England have produced this guidance for clubs..
FAQ Information Views: 377 Keywords: Created: 08.12.2017 Updated: 08.12.2017
A Team Manager
- Is organised and efficient
- An excellent communicator
- Understanding and impartial
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to make decisions based on a number of factors
- Able to work on own initiative
- Remains calm in difficult situations
- Understands IT including email and word processing.
What's involved with being a Team Manager?
Do you have any Top Tips for Team Managers?
For more information on Team Manager roles and how to get involved, please visit the Volunteer section on the Swim England website.
If you are interested in becoming a Team Manager or running a course in the Region please contact Stacey Millett (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
FAQ Information Views: 354 Keywords: Created: 30.11.2017 Updated: 30.11.2017
Best rated articles
There are a number of opportunities for Team Managers who are interested in developing their career beyond their club involvement.
Team Manager Role Attendance at events such as… County Development Pathway Training Camps County Team Manager Inter-County Championships Regional Development Pathway Training Camps Regional Team Manager Overseas Camps National Team Manager Phase 1 & 2 Camps, Overseas Camps
If you are interested in developing further as a Team Manager within your County, the South West Region or nationally please email Stacey.email@example.com who will be able to advise you of the opportunities available.
FAQ Information Views: 312 Keywords: Created: 19.12.2017 Updated: 19.12.2017
The British Swimming Masters Decathlon Competition is an annual competition in which swimmers accumulate points for up to 10 swims out of the 18 different swimming events (17 long course and 18 short course) available.
Swims recorded in the Masters Rankings are automatically entered into the competition. There are no entry forms to complete nor entry fees to pay.
The aim of the decathlon competition is to encourage greater participation, and to encourage competition across the age groups.
FAQ Information Views: 238 Keywords: Created: 11.02.2018 Updated: 11.02.2018
Download guidance to follow and understand all relevant policies and procedures relating to national teams and squads travelling abroad. You will need to rotate the pdf clockwise to view.
FAQ Information Views: 157 Keywords: Created: 25.04.2018 Updated: 25.04.2018