Information for Clubs
We welcome listings in our Club Directory.
A representative from each Club can maintain Directory pages to display Club information, contact details and athlete profiles. Contact Fiona Bowen (Contact Details) for more information.
There’s never been a more important time to consider ways to develop your club.
A number of Somerset Clubs work with others in their respective City of Bristol / Taunton / Team Bath AS networks on agreed plans to maximise resources and investment and secure defined athlete pathways within each network.
Some examples of areas clubs within networks have been working on:
- Training courses and workforce development
- Maximising pool space
- Attending training camps
- Coach mentoring
- Local funding opportunities
For more information about Club Networks visit our Development section
10 tips for sport parents pic.twitter.com/pdGKCJp3ny— BelievePerform (@BelievePHQ) 12 July 2017
New Club Sessions
Clubs up and down the country are considering ways to diversify their offer, bring new participants into their club, and create links with local schools, colleges and universities.
This could include new sections for disability, masters, learn to swim or Swimfit
- Satellite sessions (also known as Satellite clubs) are a new Sport England initiative, aimed at attracting a new type of participant into community clubs as well as welcoming back ex-competitive swimmers. We believe that Satellite sessions can begin to address drop-out from clubs. There are two potential forms of satellite sessions for Aquatics, both aiming to grow club membership:
- Youth Satellite Sessions - these target the 11-25 years age group and can bridge the gaps between school, college, university and community sport and provide new opportunities for young people to create lifelong sporting habits
- Pop-Up Swimfit Satellite Sessions – the new Pop-Up Swimfit model allows clubs to use Swimfit as an additional offer for the student or adult casual swimmer.
Groups are brought together throughout the country to share knowledge and best practice, discuss and influence regional competition structure and work toward a clear understanding of the swimmer pathway in the region. For more information on coaching please click here.