Welcome to our site. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Doc of the Day
Somerset ASA Swimming Championships 2023
View news item with
- Program, Qualifying Times, Para QTs, and Conditions and
- (for Club Meet contacts) Hy-tek files
for the event in Jan and Feb.
Officials: we will need your support! Please sign-up here. Thank you!
Inclusion Training Programme 2023
Somerset ASA and local active partnership SASP strongly believe in the importance and value of sport and physical activity, and how it has the potential to transform lives. SASP's new 'Clubs for All' training can empower your club to support young people whose additional needs act as a barrier to taking part. Read why and book place(s) for your representative(s) here.
Please click on a panel heading below for more details, or click again to close an open panel.
Each athlete on our talent programme is unique. Skills Coaches supporting our Programmes are sharing what is being covered in the online and face to face camps with the swimmers' home club coaches. This is seen as vital for coach buy-in to the programme and for its future success.
Next Face to Face Camp date: 21 May 2023 at Millfield.
Next online camp date: 25 Feb 2023 at 10am - 1.5 hr duration
Please follow the CDP link.
View stream replays, programme, results and reports where available from:
- Swim England National Winter Championships (25m) 2022 (2 to 4 Dec, Ponds Forge) reports: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3
- British Para-Swimming Winter National Meet 2022 (26/27 Nov, Glasgow) report
- British Down Syndrome Swimming Championships 2022 (19/20 Nov, Crawley) report
- BUCS Short Course Championships 2022 (18 to 20 Nov, Ponds Forge) results
- 64th ESSA Secondary Schools' Team Championships (19 Nov, London Aquatics Centre) results
- Swim England Artistic Swimming National Masters Championships 2022 (12 Nov, Nottingham) results
- FINA Marathon Swim World Series 2022 Leg 5 (11-12 Nov, Eilat) results
- Swim England South West Winter Championships (25m) 2022 (4-6 Nov, Millfield) results.
- FINA Swimming World Cup 2022 SC (3-5 Nov, Indianapolis) results
- FINA Swimming World Cup 2022 SC (28-30 Oct, Toronto) results
- Swim England Masters National Championships (25m) 2022 (28-30 Oct, Sheffield) results
- FINA Swimming World Cup 2022 SC (21-23 Oct, Berlin) results
- National County Team Championships 2022 Division 1 (2 Oct, Sheffield)
Div 1 featured Somerset, Div 2
- 8th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships (30 Aug to 4 Sep, Lima, Peru)
Schedule, results and streams
- European Aquatics Championships
- Swim England Open Water National Age Group Championships (10 Aug 2022, Rotherham)
- Swim England Speedo National Summer Meet 2022 (5 to 9 Aug 2022, Sheffield)
Reports from Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5
- Swim Wales Summer Open Meet (3 to 7 Aug, Swansea)
- Commonwealth Games (29 Jul to 3 Aug, Birmingham)
Swimming & Para-Swimming Reports from: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6
- European Youth Artistic Swimming Championships (28 to 31 Jul, Montceau-les-Mines)
- European Youth Olympic Festival (25 to 29 Jul, Slovakia)
- British Summer Championships (22 to 28 Jul, Sheffield)
Reports from Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6
- Scottish Summer Meet (14 to 17 Jul, Aberdeen)
- European Junior Championships
- 19th FINA World Championships (Budapest 2022):
- Swim England South West Open Water Championships (2 Jul, Cotswold Water Park)
- World Para Swimming Championships (12 to 18 Jun. Madeira).
- Swim England South West Summer Championships (30 Apr, 1 & 2 May, Plymouth)
Age Groups: 23/24 Apr (Millfield), 7/8 May (Hengrove)
- Swim Wales National Championships (15 to 18 Apr, Swansea).
- Scottish National Age Group Championships (13 to 17 Apr, Glasgow)
- British Swimming Championships (5 to 10 Apr, Sheffield) Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6.
- Somerset ASA Championships (25m: 16 Jan, 50m: 22/23 /29/30 Jan, 5/6 Feb, Millfield).
Event list by session (opens in new window).
Reports: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | (Day 6 and Day 7 to follow).
Apologies for any record holder dates, names and times on the Hy-tek print outs which may have been shown incorrectly.
25 Oct 2021 news item contained the Qualifying Times, Para-Swimming Multi-Classification QTs, the Event Programme and Entry Conditions.
[If there are any newsworthy omissions in the daily reports and analysis of many thousands of swims, it is unintentional. Please let us know if you spot any].
It’s that time of year when we issue a call for officials to support our County Championships and Age Group Competitions which are taking place in Jan & Feb 2023 at Millfield. This is the biggest event of the year for many young swimmers. Let’s make it a memorable one by ensuring our officials sign up in sufficient numbers to enable swimmers' times to go on rankings. Read more.
With a lot of Somerset clubs seeking to license their championships or running Meets, please contact us if you are ever short of officials so we can publicise any opportunities via our website and social media.
The graph of site unique visitor numbers (green) and page views (blue) from 2016 up to and including Nov 2022 highlights the impact of Covid-19. YTD unique visitor numbers and page views to 30 Nov 2022 were +3.7% and -3% vs 2019’s previous high. If Dec 2022 figures are similar to Dec 2021, we are likely to achieve see annual figures for 2022 of +4.4% and -2.3% vs 2019.
You can enjoy over 7300 articles, often with multimedia, in our news archive. In addition there are over 3300 curated videos in the library on our website which in total have racked up millions of views. You don’t have to be sick to get better.
We regularly post social media updates. Check what your Club is tweeting about. Thank you for sharing content on our own timelines.