Welcome to our site. We hope you enjoy your visit.
Our Journey Starts Here
Clip: Supporting culture change.
Could you offer some much needed support to the County in a way that works for you? Please let us know if you can using this form and we promise to respond as soon as possible.
Upcoming Swim England and Regional Workshops
Swim England’s Coach 2028 Performance Coach Programme
Applications close on 6 Apr for the 14-month programme which is open to coaches of each of the aquatic disciplines View details of the key learning opportunity on the coach development pathway.
Safeguarding and DBS
There are countless things Committee members in our affiliated Clubs could be working on, a few things they should be working on, but only one thing that should be their top priority. And that is to offer safe environments for the children and young people who engage in swimming and aquatic sport.
Refresher: The Swim England Safeguarding Refresher with Mental Health and Self-harm module has just been launched and is open to anyone who has completed the Swim England Safeguarding CPD since 2020. It is one of three new safeguarding refresher modules that will be released by Swim England in 2023 and gives an overview of what safeguarding and child protection means and how to apply that in the practical situation of a club activity. View details.
Reminder: Without the relevant and appropriate required DBS checks and safeguarding training, you must not be on poolside. If you are unsure whether you need a DBS check or safeguarding training, please consult WavePower or contact your Club Welfare Officer. Click here to book onto a safeguarding course.
The Swim England event accreditation system available via member options is now checking that the barred list check is in place as well as the date this expires. Due to this, members may see an in-date DBS but this element showing as a fail. Should this occur, the DBS was not one with a barred list check. If this is the case, you will need a new DBS for the appropriate role.
Opportunity: Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility. Help make our sport safer for participants, and those in Somerset by sharing within your Club and networks our need for a County Welfare Officer. Thank you.
Are you a natural leader? Do you enjoy team work? Help us make a real difference in 2023 by joining our team as our County Volunteer Co-ordinator to lead our efforts to engage, guide, support and utilise the talents of our volunteer workforce and Club Volunteer Co-ordinators Please get in touch if you can help.
Please click on a panel heading below for more details, or click again to close an open panel.
We'd like to say a big thank you to nutritionist Rebecca Guy, athlete mentor Lauren Quigley and County Pathway Head Coach Pat Leaman for delivering an engaging and informative 90 minute online camp on 25 February 2023. Read more.
Clip: How you can support your age group swimmer.
Each athlete on our talent programme is unique. Skills Coaches supporting our Programmes are sharing what is being covered in the online and face to face camps with the swimmers' home club coaches. This is seen as vital for coach buy-in to the programme and for its future success.
Next Face to Face Camp date: 21 May 2023 at Millfield.
Please follow the CDP link.
View stream replays, programme, results and reports where available from:
- Citi Para Swimming World Series inc. British Para Swimming Meet 2023 (16 to 19 Mar, Sheffield). View results and live streams
- ESSA Inter-Divisional Championships (LC) (11/12 Mar, Coventry). View results and live streams
- Edinburgh International Swim Meet (10 to 12 Mar, Edinburgh). View results and live streams
- Swedish Grand Prix 3 (10-12 Mar, Kungsbacka). View results and live streams
- 53rd National Arena Swimming League Cup Final (5 Mar, Cardiff). View results.
- 22nd National Arena Swimming League B Final (4 Mar, Cardiff). View results.
- Lausanne Cup LC 2023 (24-26 Feb, Lausanne). View results.
- BUCS LC Championships 2023 (24-26 Feb, Sheffield). View results.
- Somerset ASA Championships (25m: 22 Jan, 50m: 28/29 Jan, 4/5 and 11/12 Feb, Millfield).
Event list by session (opens in new window).
Reports: SC: Day 1
LC: Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 | Day 7
Meet Conditions and QTs and Gallery
- Middle East Open and Junior Championships 2023 (10 to 12 Feb, Dubai) results.
The 2022 Competitions Round-Up is now located under the Results sub-menu.
[If there are any newsworthy omissions in the daily reports and analysis of many thousands of swims, it is unintentional. Please let us know if you spot any].
Yeovil District Swimming Club need more licensed officials to support their upcoming Spring Fling meet over 1 & 2 April 2023 (L3 25m) at Millfield. Expenses will be provided. Read more.
Thank you to all our officials for supporting our 2023 County Championships and Age Group Competitions at Millfield in sufficient numbers to enable swimmers' times to go on rankings.
View announcement re FINA / World Aquatics Swimming Rules 2023-2025 adopted by British Swimming on 10 March. If you have any questions, please contact Jill Beard (firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revised period wear guidance states that specific period pants can be worn during training or competitions held under Swim England Laws and Regulations. View announcement.
With a lot of Somerset clubs seeking to license their own championships or running Meets, please contact us if you are ever short of officials so we can publicise any opportunities via our website and social media.
Jan & Feb 2023 comparison vs 2022: site visitors +24.7%; pages viewed: +5.9%.
You can enjoy over 7700 articles, often with multimedia, in our news archive. In addition there are over 3400 curated videos in the library on our website which in total have racked up millions of views. You don’t have to be sick to get better.
While we post regular social media updates on Facebook, our use of Twitter is currently paused for safeguarding reasons until the platform’s moderation and compliance standards improve (see Washington Post article and BBC News report).
It is for other organisations to determine which social media platforms they still feel comfortable supporting. You can check what your Club is tweeting about. View content on our own timelines.
- BBC Woman's Hour Power List 2023
- UK Sport launches Environmental Sustainability Strategy
- Job: Swimming Coach, City of Bristol Swimming Club
- Job: Facilities Officer, Swim England
- World Aquatics Masters Championships – Kyushu 2023
- Swim England Land Training Swimming Certificate
- Club Constitution of a Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Applications open for Swim England’s Coach 2028 Performance Coach Programme
- 29.03.2023: 76th Management Committee incl. Swimming Committee
- 08.05.2023: Somerset ASA AGM 2023
- 30.09.2023: SASA 2023 Development Meet Day 1
- 01.10.2023: SASA 2023 Development Meet Day 2
- 08.10.2023: Swim England National County Team Championships 2023
- 21.01.2024: SASA 2024 Swimming Championships Day 1
- 27.01.2024: SASA 2024 Swimming Championships Day 2
- 28.01.2024: SASA 2024 Swimming Championships Day 3
What Makes for Good Safeguarding Practice in Sport? Michelle North, NSPCC CPSU
Author: EHU Research Institutes
UK Sport and Sport England outline increased safeguarding and welfare plans for all sports
Author: Sky Sports News
Swimming World Cup 2023