Promoting physical activity in schools
"What works in schools and colleges to increase physical activity?" is a new evidence review by Public Health England designed for head teachers, college principles, staff working in education settings, Directors of public health and wider partners. Eight promising principles have been identified to promote physical activity in these settings.
- Develop and deliver multi-component interventions.
- Ensure a skilled workforce.
- Engage student voice.
- Create active environments.
- Offer choice and variety.
- Embed curriculum teaching and learning.
- Promote active travel.
- Embed monitoring and evaluation.
Download the briefing