Photo © 35 Mil
Somerset Amateur Swimming Association consists of all affiliated clubs in the administrative county of Somerset, the district of Bath and North East Somerset and the district of North Somerset. The objects of the Association shall be to promote the teaching and practice of swimming and its attendant disciplines, to enforce the laws and rulings of Swim England [the Amateur Swimming Association] and ASA South West Region as well as to exercise control over clubs and swimmers in Somerset.
Officers of the Association are all members of Swim England through their individual affiliated club membership and are mindful of Swim England Guidelines for Club Constitutions in that way, however the SASA Rules follow below in our on-line Handbook.
Somerset Amateur Swimming Association Handbook 2016-2017 (Updated after May AGM)
- County Officers
- Past Presidents
- Past Secretaries
- Past Treasurers
- Life Members
- The Wyvern Plate Award
- Officials Contact Details (Excel file uploaded 24 May 2016) containing all the people who have qualified or improved their qualifications since the list was first published, notes change of club for some, but excludes those officials who have refused permission for their names to be publicised (as recorded on the latest Swim England / ASA list) and those who have ceased to be members of Swim England or have moved to other counties.
- All Promoters Conditions are in addition to Somerset ASA General Rule 16:
- Promoters Conditions (Masters Swimming) - within Gloucs ASA Championships
- Promoters Conditions (Open Water Swimming) - within ASA SWR Championships
- Promoters Conditions (Swimming)
- Development Meet (for 2016, published 15 May 2016.)
- Championship Conditions, Programme & Qualifying Times (for 2017) approved and published 22 Aug 2016.
- Promoters Conditions (Synchronised Swimming)
- Promoters Conditions (Water Polo) - within Bristol and West Water Polo League